David L. MooreAttorney
David provides counsel to emerging businesses, privately-held corporations, and non-profit organizations on transactional, operational, and compliance matters. His experience includes commercial and project financing, real estate transactions, venture capital, tax planning, corporate governance, and banking regulation. He has worked extensively with banks and financial institutions, private foundations, charities, and information-technology and energy companies.
David has presented on securitization, corporate structures, acquisition strategies, and land-use matters, and has authored works on consumer lending, micro-finance, community development financial institutions, overdraft services, and the Community Reinvestment Act.
Articles + Presentations
- Rehabilitation Lending Activity in Cleveland: Alternative Policy Response to the Foreclosure Crisis (2012)
- Crowdfunding Not Yet the Answer to Startup Cash Woes (2011)
- Can Public Nuisance Law Protect Your Neighborhood from Big Banks?(Contributing Author, 44 Suffolk U.L. Rev. 89 (2011))
- Electronic Fund Transfers Act: Requirements for Overdraft Services(Contributing Author, Consumer Credit: Law, Transactions and Forms § 1164.03, Matthew Bender & Co., 2010)
- Community Reinvestment Act: Purpose of the Act (Contributing Author, Consumer Credit: Law, Transactions & Forms § 158.02, Matthew Bender & Co., 2010)
- Risk Confinement: Analyzing the FDIC’s Cross-Guarantee Authority and The Federal Reserve Board’s Source-of-Strength Doctrine (2010)
- Expanding Financial Access Using Nontraditional Credit Products: Small Dollar Loans, Peer-to-Peer Lending and Stored-Value Cards (2010)
Distinctions + Awards
- Distinguished Law Alumni Award – 2019 Recipient/Honoree (Cleveland State University)
- Legal Who’s Who – Prestigious Recognition as “One of the Nation’s Top Lawyers for Major/High-Impact Litigation” (Corporate Responsibility Magazine)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Banking & Finance Law
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Futures & Derivatives Law
- Top 50 Lawyers in Cleveland – Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Lawyers in Ohio – Super Lawyers
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top Rated Lawyers – Commercial Litigation
- Cleveland’s Top Rated Lawyers
- The Top Legal Minds in Northeast Ohio
- Leading Lawyers – Corporate Law
- People of Vision Award – 2012 Recipient/Honoree (Prevent Blindness Ohio)
- Leadership Cleveland – Class of 2000
- AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rated (Martindale-Hubbell
- Cleveland Community Development Corporation
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association – 3Rs Committee
Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, JD cum laude
Kent State University, BBA magna cum laude
Supreme Court of Ohio
U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
Want to learn more?
We are committed to protecting our clients and providing clear, honest information.
Contact us today and experience the difference "straight answers" can make.