Lorysa Winterhalter WojniczAttorney
Lorysa offers retailers, developers, property owners, and businesses the level of experience needed to finalize agreements in a timely manner.
A well-respected and seasoned professional with extensive experience in leasing and real estate law, Lorysa provides counsel in every aspect of retail and office leasing, including lease form development, compliance with reciprocal easement agreements, renewals, amendments, relocations, term extensions, assignments, SNDAs, and terminations.
While serving as a Senior Leasing Attorney at The Richard E. Jacobs Group (developer of Southpark Mall, Chagrin Highlands, The Galleria, Key Tower, and Jacobs Field), Lorysa was entrusted with the responsibility of supervising the negotiation and preparation of retail leases for more than 40 shopping centers owned by The Jacobs Group. She also negotiated offices leases for Key Tower and Chagrin Highlands, and has negotiated retail leases and prepared related documents with every large real estate developer across the United States and Canada.
Having worked on both sides of the agreement, Lorysa is able to resolve issues expeditiously. Her passion and focus on providing clients with the best outcome possible in leasing and real estate matters is evident.
When Skill Matters
- Successfully negotiated retail leases and various real estate documents (e.g., subordinations and estoppels) with real estate developers across the U.S. and Canada, including Simon, CBL, Westfield, General Growth, Macerich, Cadillac Fairview, and Morguard.
- Project Manager for Things Remembered providing legal document review for its acquisition of Canadian stores leading outside counsel and in-house law department to complete the due diligence/lease analysis in a timely manner for acquisition of the Canadian portfolio. Assisted in the integration of acquisition stores.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates, and processes leases and related documents.
- Analyzes and provides advice related to real estate matters and handling contracts in corporate law departments (e.g., abstracting and reviewing executed documents; vendor, supply and distribution agreements for utilities such as telecommunications; indemnity and confidentiality agreements).
- Litigates real estate matters including those involving contracts and lease interpretation.
- Negotiated and amended music license agreements with music publishers on behalf of Things Remembered, reducing royalties on average by 50% of the initial royalty figure proposed by music publishers.
- Max Hayes High School – Volunteer Teacher of the 3Rs Program (developed and implemented by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association focusing on constitutional law)
- Mental Health Services, Inc. (now operating as FrontLine Service) – Former Vice President and Board Member
- Ursuline College – Former Advisory Board Member for Paralegal Studies Program
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, JD
Kent State University, BS
March 27, 2020
Coronavirus: More Business “Unusual”>>
Want to learn more?
We are committed to protecting our clients and providing clear, honest information.
Contact us today and experience the difference "straight answers" can make.