Peter R. Certo, Jr.Attorney
Peter utilizes his knowledge of the law to assist Mega Millions and Ohio Lottery winners maintain their anonymity.
Rated one of the Top Estate Planning and Probate Law Attorneys in Ohio, Peter utilizes his knowledge of the law to assist Mega Millions and Ohio Lottery winners maintain their anonymity when claiming their lottery prize. While the claim process is fairly complicated and involved, Peter crafts the legal structure, is fully versed on the procedure, and maintains contacts with the Ohio Lottery officials. His probate practice includes probate litigation, trusts and estates. His vast litigation experience in criminal trials proves a valuable asset in the increasing trend of probate litigation. Very few probate attorneys have the courtroom experience as Peter.
In the criminal arena, Peter has represented hundreds of clients in felony cases and has personally tried over 40 jury trials. He also has handled thousands of OVI and misdemeanor cases in municipal courts. He has experience in dozens of appellate court proceedings and has argued before the Ohio Supreme Court. In addition to state court proceedings, Peter handles many serious criminal cases in federal court.
Having served as an acting municipal judge for 13 years, a prosecutor for the Cities of Riverside, Oakwood, and Beavercreek, as well as a defense attorney, Peter sees issues from both sides of the table and is frequently called upon as an expert witness to testify on probate law issues.
When Skill Matters
- Represents Mega Millions and Ohio Lottery winners in need of identity and asset protection
- Represents clients in matters involving financial discrepancies and fraudulent activities relating to trusts and estates, elder fraud, and will contests
- Represents clients in state and federal felony cases ranging from double homicides, jail breaks, and criminal enterprises to robberies, burglaries, rapes and other violent crimes
- Rebuilding Together Dayton – Board of Directors
- Dayton Art Institute – Former Associate Board Member
- Life Essentials (Guardianship Program) – Former Board Member
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Criminal Procedure – University of Dayton (Former)
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association
- Miami Valley Family Law Forum – Former President and Vice President
- Dayton Bar Association – Probate Law Committee; Former Chair, Criminal Law Section
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association
University of Dayton School of Law, JD
University of Dayton, BS
U.S. District Court – Southern District of Ohio
February 15, 2021
Buckley King Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Super Lawyers>>