Charles P. RoyerAttorney
Chuck’s experience gives him the ability to bring strategic planning and cost benefit analysis to each of his clients. He focuses his practice on complex business litigation, the defense of professional liability claims, and landlord-tenant disputes. Chuck also works with condominium and homeowner associations on enforcement matters as well as general legal advice. He is consistently highly-rated in the area of commercial litigation, having extensive jury trial experience in state court, federal court and the bankruptcy court for the Northern District of Ohio.
When Skill Matters
- Represents some of Ohio and Cleveland’s most prominent law firms in matters of professional negligence.
- Represents clients in a broad array of business disputes concerning breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, commercial leases, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims, as well as representing clients in federal and state courts involving trade secrets, and unfair competition.
- Represents commercial landlords in disputes with difficult tenants and claims.
- Represents clients by providing savvy business advice in order to guard litigation, its associated costs and risks.
- Represents executives in matters of benefits and benefits disputes, disability, and other types of insurance policies.
Distinctions + Awards
- Best Lawyers in America
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators
- AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rated (Martindale-Hubbell)
- Recovery Resources – Board of Directors, Past Chair
- New Life Community
- The Center for Mental Retardation – Board of Directors, Past Chair
- West Side Ecumenical Ministry
- LEAP (Linking Employment, Abilities and Potential)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Real Estate/Construction
- Creditors’ Rights
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, BA magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Northern District of Ohio