Rui’s unique cultural and education background offers both the Chinese and American business communities a competitive advantage.
Rui primarily works on corporate, business transactions, and immigration matters for domestic and international clients. She provides legal representation in structuring business entities, negotiating and translating commercial contracts, partnership agreements, real estate and employment contracts, as well as in compliance, international trade, and maritime law matters. While her knowledge and familiarity with Chinese law and the Chinese legal system is unique for clients dealing with Chinese transactions and parties, she also has extensive training in dispute resolution, particularly in international commercial arbitration. Her experience includes AAA, HKIAC, LCIA and SIAC rules, and enforcement of international commercial arbitration awards in Chinese courts.
After pursuing her law degree in China, Rui set out to obtain her legal credentials in America, where she earned her LLM and SJD. She is fluent in Mandarin (her native language), English, and basic Korean.
When Skill Matters
- International arbitration pertaining to breach of joint venture agreement
- Negotiation and drafting construction agreement regarding new factory in China
- Preparation of purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and compliance guidelines in corporate transactions
- Review/revise English and Chinese translations for compliance rules
- Certificate of Legal Professional Qualification of China
- Greater Cleveland Chinese Chamber of Commerce – Executive Team
- Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Society – Cleveland Branch
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- Business Law + Corporate Transactions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, SJD (International Law) and LLM (International Business)
Southwest University of Political Science and Law (Chongqing, China), LLM (International Economic Law) and LLB
- New York