Scott A. LibermanAttorney
Scott has developed a unique niche as he acquired extensive experience in creditor/debtor law, with emphasis on collection proceedings and compliance, and includes compliance and defending Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. He also assists financial institutions in preparing commercial loan documents and resolving commercial loan issues.
The breadth of Scott’s practice reaches across corporate law, transactions, financing, and real estate matters. His real estate experience includes development and construction matters, preparing and enforcing contracts, closings, and litigation issues including fraud, misrepresentation and breach of contract claims.
Scott represents cities, townships and villages, and currently serves as Municipal Attorney for the City of Centerville, Ohio. His public law experience includes zoning, Ohio’s Public Records Act, Ohio’s Sunshine Law, and other important issues facing municipalities. He also advises municipalities on development and various other construction-related matters.
Scott works with condominium and homeowners associations on collection proceedings and provides general legal advice to their boards. He actively serves on the Ohio Legislative Action Committee (LAC) for Community Associations Institute (CAI), assisting in the creation of new laws pertaining to condominiums and HOAs.
Distinctions + Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- “40 Under 40” Honoree – Honoring Dayton’s Next Generation of Leaders, Dayton Business Journal (1999)
- City of Centerville, Ohio – Municipal Attorney
- Community Associations Institute, Ohio Valley Chapter – Board of Directors; Ohio Legislative Action Committee
- Centerville/Washington Township – Comprehensive Planning and Implementation Committees
- Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton – Board of Directors
- The Boy Scouts of America, Miami Valley Council – Strategic Planning Committee
- Washington Township, Ohio – Former Board of Zoning Appeals
- Dayton Bar Association – Real Property Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
University of Dayton School of Law, JD
Indiana University, BS
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals – Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court – Southern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
February 15, 2021
Buckley King Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Super Lawyers>>