Stephen J. AnthonyAttorney
The most efficient resolution of a commercial dispute begins with understanding the client’s objectives, exploring alternatives, and consistency in execution.
Steve provides advice to businesses, financial institutions, real estate developers, general contractors, and entities involved in commercial contracts. He advocates on behalf of clients in business disputes involving commercial finance, real estate and construction issues. Steve has served as lead counsel in complex litigation before juries and arbitrators, including construction arbitration through the American Arbitration Association, and has argued appeals at both the Arizona Court of Appeals and Supreme Court levels.
Steve has handled general business disputes, fraud cases, collections, failure to disclose and breach of contract matters, real estate title and easement issues, enforcing or defending mechanics’ liens, as well as claims involving construction delays, defects and bonds. He is often asked to educate trade groups and other professionals on construction law topics.
When Skill Matters
- Represented lenders involving breach of loan agreements, including obtaining judgments and repossession of collateral subject to such agreements, and through Trustee sales.
- Represented lender in $10 million judicial foreclosure of a commercial project including disposition of the property through Sheriff’s sale.
- Represented national bank in numerous consumer lawsuits claiming alleged excessive fees, fraud, failure to disclose ATM fees, slander, and violation of privacy laws.
- Represented a landlord of several service stations in commercial lease disputes including repossession of property, inventory, and obtaining judgments against tenants.
- Represented contractors before the Arizona Registrar of Contractors against claims alleging poor construction quality.
- Represented employers in breach of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements including obtaining temporary restraining orders, injunctions, and judgments for damages caused by employees.
Distinctions + Awards
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Desert Mountain States Chapter – Former Board of Directors
- State Bar of Arizona – Construction Law Section
New York University, JD
University of Arizona, BS cum laude
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court – District of Arizona