Woods King IIIAttorney
As a fly fisherman, Woods knows that the right knot selected and tied properly can define a successful outing. The same concept holds true in tying up clients’ business and estate plans.
Utilizing sophisticated estate planning techniques, Woods preserves clients’ assets for future generations, reduces or postpones tax liability, plans for the succession of a business or family property and accomplishes philanthropic goals. He works closely with high-net-worth clients to develop and implement comprehensive strategies to further their unique objectives, creating estate plans designed to minimize taxes and administrative costs often involving charitable trusts, family held offices and private foundations.
Woods also advises on planning for tax-exempt entities, real estate development, land use, business transactions and corporate finance matters.
Articles + Presentations
- The 2010 Trust Landscape (Author, Best Practices for Structuring Trusts and Estates, Thomson Reuters, 2010) (Author, New Strategies for Estate Planning, Aspatore, 2009)
Distinctions + Awards
- Top Rated Lawyers – Trusts and Estates Law
- AV-Preeminent Rated (Martindale-Hubbell)
- The Cleveland Police Foundation – Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Cleveland Mounted Police Charitable Trust – Trustee
- American Museum of Fly Fishing – Trustee
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D.
Washington & Lee University, B.A./B.A. cum laude
U.S. Court of Appeals – Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
April 23, 2020
Estate Planning – An Important Reminder>>
March 27, 2020
Coronavirus: More Business “Unusual”>>