Regulatory, Compliance + Community Development
One vision can shape the future of a community, leading to jobs, education and economic advances.
Municipalities, housing authorities, corporations, financial institutions, and state and federal regulatory agencies turn to Buckley King to help achieve projects that foster community and economic development. The firm advocates before state and federal regulatory and administrative agencies concerning development projects, licensing, financial services and educational matters. Buckley King’s experience includes counseling, structuring and closing transactions financed with a broad scope of both private and public financing sources, including:
- Bond Financing
- CDFI Fund Grant Programs
- Community Development Block Grants
- Federal Stimulus Funding Programs
- FHLB Affordable Housing Programs
- Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- HUD Financing
- Jobs Ohio Loan Programs
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Ohio Developmental Services Agency Loan Programs
- New Market Tax Credits
- NSP I, II and III Financing
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs
- Tax Increment Financing
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Loan Programs
Members of the firm have served as in-house counsel for financial institutions, and as law directors of municipalities, and as such, have drafted ordinances, state and national legislation and prepared contracts for the procurement of services and ensured compliance of project plans and specifications with local ordinances.
Representing both depository and non-depository financial institutions in community development and housing projects, Buckley King prepares applications for certification as Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and has obtained grants, equity and tax credits from the CDFI Fund by leveraging its understanding of the various programs available to certified CDFIs and Community Development Entities throughout the country.
Our attorneys work with state and federal bank regulators, and assist financial institutions in preparing and reviewing their internal policies and business strategies to assure compliance with the changing regulatory environment. We also have significant experience in the formation of de novo banks and the approval of bank and bank holding company regulatory applications.
Commercial Loan Transactions
Having extensive experience in financing transactions, the Firm has developed and implements valuable risk management processes to protect against potential lender liability and transactional disputes. Buckley King has created innovative alternative loan programs and product development on behalf of lenders. Our attorneys provide counsel on simple to complex credit facility transactions in various industries, engaging all parties involved to achieve the most favorable financing structures from the conventional to the novel.
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Asset-based loan transactions and restructures
- Community development lending and grant programs
- Construction financing
- Equipment lease financing
- Letters of credit
- Loan portfolio and structured and securitized loan sales
- Mezzanine financing and collateral issues
- Participations and syndications
- Preparation and review of counsel opinions
- Project/facility financing
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Secured and unsecured commercial loans
*This comment was collected as part of the U.S.News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” research process.